News surrounding the Novel Coronavirus has been all but inescapable. As serious a situation as the virus presents, basic hygienic measures can be extremely beneficial in maintaining good health for yourself and those around you.
We have compiled a list of top protective measures against the Novel Coronavirus as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC):
- Wash hands frequently. Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, disinfect hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol solution;
- Cover mouth and with elbow or tissue paper when coughing or sneezing. Immediately dispose of tissue paper into a waste bin and wash hands with soap and water or disinfect with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands to minimize risk of viral contamination;
- Maintain a distance of at least 1 meter (3 feet) from others, particularly those that show symptoms including coughing, sneezing, or fever;
- Use household cleaning products or disinfecting wipes to clean surfaces that are frequently touched;
- Seek medical attention early should you suffer from symptoms of fever, cough, or troubled breathing;
- Stay home when ill;
- Avoid close contact with people that are showing signs of illness;
- Always wash hands with soap and water after coming into contact with live animals or meat products at live animal markets, wet markets, or meat markets. Direct contact with animals (i.e. wild cats and dogs, rodents, birds, bats, etc.) is strictly prohibited. Avoid contact with animal waste or other excrements that may be contaminating the store floors in markets;
- Avoid eating raw or undercooked meat products.
Assured Asset Management reminds you to stay updated on the latest official information released by medical experts and health authorities. We hope you and your loved ones stay healthy.